New City, NY
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Credentialing Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Professional License Credentialing Program for the agency. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining policies and processes in compliance with all applicable federal, state and nationally recognized regulatory and/or accrediting bodies. You will also be responsible for all aspects of credentialing, re-credentialing, and privileges for all professionally licensed staff.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public health administration, human services, nursing, social welfare, or a related field.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of applicable program standards and regulations.
- knowledge of policy development and implementation.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY or NJ State Driver’s License for 2+ years, ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all required training.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- On-going training/education as part of development related to position.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand:Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.