- Expand your talent pool by recruiting candidates with disabilities
- The American Community Survey indicates that there are 2.3 million working age adults with disabilities with bachelor’s degrees or higher and many others have vocational training or prior work experience
Employees with disabilities have lower rates of absenteeism and less turnover according to a 2008 corporate practices study by Rutgers University.
- Reduce the average cost of hiring and training – Jawonio prescreens candidates and then supports the employer to train/orient your new employees.
- Reduce your recruitment costs by working with Jawonio Job Placement team for no fees
- According to the 2008 national Employer Perspectives Study, most large and medium-sized businesses report no significant increases in health care costs by hiring people with disabilities
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – up to $2,400 per year
- Small Business Tax Credit – up to $5,000 per year
Almost half of all workplace accommodations cost nothing and most cost under $600 with many benefits such as job retention, increased productivity and reduced workers compensation. Tax Deductions are available to remove Architectural Barriers
- 87% of the public would prefer to give their business to companies that hire people with disabilities according to a National Survey of Consumer Attitudes by the Gallup Organization
- 30% of the 70 million American families have at least one family member with a disability that represents a trillion dollar market segment and is the largest minority market segment.
- According to Market Research.com 54 million Americans with Disabilities represent the third largest market segment behind Baby Boomers and the mature market.