“Do The Right Thing … Do The Smart Thing… Do The Profitable Thing”
- Expand your talent pool by recruiting candidates with disabilities
- The American Community Survey indicates that there are 2.3 million working age adults with disabilities with bachelor’s degrees or higher and many others have vocational training or prior work experience
Employees with disabilities have lower rates of absenteeism and less turnover according to a 2008 corporate practices study by Rutgers University
- Reduce the average cost of hiring and training – Jawonio prescreens candidates and then supports the employer to train/orient your new employees.
- Reduce your recruitment costs by working with Jawonio Job Placement team for no fees
- According to the 2008 national Employer Perspectives Study, most large and medium-sized businesses report no significant increases in health care costs by hiring people with disabilities
Leverage tax benefits:
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – up to $2,400 per year
- Small Business Tax Credit – up to $5,000 per year
Almost half of all workplace accommodations cost nothing and most cost under $600 with many benefits such as job retention, increased productivity and reduced workers compensation. Tax Deductions are available to remove Architectural Barriers
Expand Your Diversity Dividend
- 87% of the public would prefer to give their business to companies that hire people with disabilities according to a National Survey of Consumer Attitudes by the Gallup Organization
- 30% of the 70 million American families have at least one family member with a disability that represents a trillion dollar market segment and is the largest minority market segment.
- According to Market Research.com 54 million Americans with Disabilities represent the third largest market segment behind Baby Boomers and the mature market.
The TOP 10 Reasons to Hire a Qualified Worker with a disABILITY
1. Reliable, dedicated, loyal workers with a positive work ethic.
2. Employers experience low turnover and high retention.
3. Lower than average absenteeism, increased overall productivity.
4. High work productivity in a wide range of jobs.
5. Contributes to a positive and team-based work environment.
6. Promote a positive corporate image that increases customer base and loyalty.
7. Systems are in place to match employer needs with employee job skills.
8. No-cost consultation and technical assistance is available to help employers with hiring and provide on-the-job training.
9. Federal & NYS tax incentives improve for employer.
10. Promotes workforce diversity and is good for the employee, the business, and society.
To find out more about hiring a person with a disABILITY, call Issy Newmeyer at 845.708.2000 x2391 jawonio.org
We provide care for over 10,000 people with special needs each year.
Jawonio is a registered 501c3 organization and the premier provider of lifespan services in the Hudson Valley of New York State for individuals with developmental disabilities, behavioral health challenges, and chronic medical conditions.
Jawonio is dedicated to advancing the independence, well-being, and equality of people with disabilities and special needs.