New City, NY
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
As the 1:1 Licensed Practical Nurse / Aide, you will assit the Special Education Teacher in carrying out the individual educational program; you will provide for the medical needs of the child as part of their IEP and/ or participate in the educational settings.
You will carry out several nursing functions and procedures to ensure the medically fragile child is comforatble, safe and able to function in the classroom, you will monitor and chart behaviors and administer medications as prescribed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Completion of a licensed practical nursing program, with current NYS LPN license, plus two years’ experience. Experience in a classroom setting preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
On feet most of day; lifting and other physical activities when carrying or assisting child. Pushing Wheelchair and other physical assistance, up to 50 pounds.
- Possession of a NYS certification as a licensed practical nurse., CPR certified.
- Remain Current in all required OCFS and Jawonio trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the state mandate criminal background checks process.
- Must be clear and maintain acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud and Abuse clearance process.
- Must complete 30 hours of OCFS training every 2 years, with 15 hours within the first 6 months of employment. Will be observed in work environment and evaluate at least annually by supervisor(s).
- Must complete an OCFS mandatory, five (5 our online course, entitled Foundations in Health and Safety e-learning before being allowed to work alone with child, but no later than 30 days post hire date. A printed certificate must be presented if previously taken as a proof of completion.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Job Type: Full Time