Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Drop-In Counselor will be responsible for providing participant oversight at our evening drop-in program. He/she will also lead group activities and provide coverage for staff across Drop-In sites in Yonkers, Mount Vernon and Ossining.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Related Field
- 1 year of experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY or NJ State Driver’s License for 3+ years, ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all NYS Justice Center and OMH required training.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS Justice Center and OMH mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 3p-7pand available Mondays as needed.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand:Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.