Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.
It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, The Jawonio Foundation declares that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of The Jawonio mission, of the way it intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on The Jawonio Inc and the Jawonio Foundation Boards of Directors, and to expect these boards to exercise prudent judgement in their stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to The Jawonio Inc and the Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts to The Jawonio Foundation will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about individual donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Jawonio Inc and the Foundation of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured that The Jawonio Foundation donor’s name will not be shared with any other organization without the expressed permission of the donor.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.