A PROmiSe to inspire and empower individuals in their journey to recovery and mental wellness.
If you or someone you love is recovering from a behavioral health challenge, Jawonio Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) Program can provide support in a community-based setting to assist you in achieving your recovery goals.
"A process of reemergence, awakening, or working toward the full life that you want and deserve to have, a life that includes the vision and dreams that you long for. A life in which each person is treated with complete respect at every moment. A life in which you have meaningful choices and you continuously move toward wholeness and healing from hurts, traumas and darkness. A life in which you feel completely hopeful, completely empowered and completely connected to the community."
- Source: Treatment Planning for Person Centered Care Neal Adams, Diane M. Grieder
We use evidence based practices to create an innovative journey towards recovery. We respect “participants” as a whole, meeting them where they are at inspiring them to take steps forward towards optimal wellness.
Our approach incorporates balance in one’s life nurturing the “whole” person mind body and spirit. We view the sum total of an individuals needs while integrating with other services and move forward. We incorporate innovative interventions thru Creative Arts including Drama, Theater, Music Film, Creative Writing, Graphic Design Photography, Painting, Poetry and Visual Arts.
* Services are provided both in person and remote via telemedicine.
About Jawonio PROS
A “person centered” recovery oriented service that assists individuals diagnosed with a mental illness to work towards greater independence and improved quality of life in the areas of everyday living, learning, working, socializing through recovery. Our PROS program (“Personalized Recovery Oriented Services”) is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health.
The inter-disciplinary team includes a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, psychiatric nurse, licensed clinical social workers and mental health counselors and employment specialists who provide a wide array of group and individual services in a supportive setting. As a Personalized Recovery Oriented Service (PROS), a new model that aims to promote recovery from a psychiatric or emotional condition, Jawonio emphasizes identifying and achieving a participant’s most important goals. With careful planning, empowering consumers, and increased staff resources, the PROS service is a more effective, creative model for a day program. Individuals can attend from 1 to 5 days per week to achieve specific life goals that the participant identifies. Emphasis is placed on achieving therapeutic goals while obtaining and employment.
If you or your loved one is over the age of 18, has a primary diagnosis of mental illness and would benefit from an intensive day program approach combining clinical, social and creative methods, we encourage you to seek more information from us.
PROS... Personalized Recovery Oriented Services
- PROS is a comprehensive, recovery-oriented program for individuals with serious mental health conditions.
- PROS supports goals to improve functioning, increase employment, attain higher levels of education, and secure preferred housing.
- PROS focuses on increasing rates of integrated, competitive employment among participants.
- PROS integrates treatment, support and rehabilitation in a manner that facilitates recovery.
- PROS requires that you and your staff truly believe that some measure of recovery is possible for each participant.
- PROS is primarily a Medicaid reimbursed program, with State Aid and Medicare as additional funding sources.
PROS Core Value
Recovery is a reality for individuals with serious mental health conditions and PROS offers support in attaining goals and desired life roles.
Case Management Services
Case management services are those services which will assist persons with serious mental illness to obtain needed medical, social, psychosocial, educational, financial, vocational and other services.
Menu of Services
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment Basic Living Skills Training
- Benefits and Financial Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Self Help Information
- Education Skill Development
- Support Wellness/Self Management Intensive
- Relapse Prevention Intensive
- Rehabilitation Goals
- Family Psycho-Education
- Psychiatric and Health Assessment
- Medication Management
- Symptom Monitoring
- Clinical Counseling
- Readiness and Supports
- Individual, Family, and Group Counseling
- Tobacco, Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services
PROS IS DIFFERENT
- A peer driven atmosphere.
- A core belief that incorporates the “whole person” in achieving wellness.
- A measure of recovery and work towards attaining ones desired goals and life roles.
- It challenges providers like Jawonio to evaluate service outcomes as a way to continuously improve the program.
Intensive Rehabilitation Services
YOU CAN Get your life back on track. YOU CAN Recover and live the life you want to live.
Using a combination of CBT, DBT and Bio-feedback, participants will strengthen their understanding and manageability of their diagnosis. This is accomplished by providing group, individual, family therapy, care-coordination and medication management goals.
We strive to help participants:
• Understand their mental illness
• Make positive behavioral changes
• Create a positive support network
• Address a wide range of psychosocial issues
• Improve problem solving
• Develop healthy social/coping skills
These services are designed to empower and help our participants learn tools to become more self-sufficient. Some of our groups will cover topics such as:
• Developing positive coping skills
• Becoming aware of self-defeating behaviors
• Medication education
• Effective communication
• Vocational readiness
• Relapse prevention
• Goal setting
- Community Integration Supports
- Social Integration Skills
- Balance of Work/Life Issues.
This Saturday program supports people who are addressing goals related to work advancement, as well as focusing on social skills and community integration including challenges of Autism and Asperger's.
Kind, caring and courageous, Danny Klein was a snowboarder, musician, and beloved young man who also happened to have Asperger’s Disorder. Though his life ended too soon, “Danny’s Promise“ gives hope to individuals like him as they struggle and succeed.
It runs 10 AM – 2 PM each Saturday.
Participants are welcome to participate in all PROS programs (Mon.-Fri. and Sat.) Transportation will be provided for the Saturday Program.
Jawonio Main Campus
260 N. Little Tor Rd
New City, NY 10956
For more information please contact:
We provide care for thousands of children and adults with special needs each year.
Jawonio is a registered 501c3 organization and the premier provider of lifespan services in the Hudson Valley of New York State for individuals with developmental disabilities, behavioral health challenges, and chronic medical conditions.
Jawonio is dedicated to advancing the independence, well-being, and equality of people with disabilities and special needs.