New City, NY
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Program Director of Care Management Services provides oversight and management of the overall operations of our Care Management Department. The Program Director will supervise a team of Care Managers, Peer Specialists and Administrative Staff as they provide services to persons with behavioral health and/or physical/medical needs. He/she will carry out orientation and training of employees to make them fully aware of agency and department missions and facilitate meetings and discussions with employees to ensure understanding of agency philosophy toward consumers. The Program Director is responsible for integrating the concept of service into employee’s performance and in relationships with others throughout the agency. In conjunction with the Chief Strategic Integration Officer, he or she will oversee all regulatory functions of the department. Must be familiar with New York State Department of Health (DOH) and Health Home Services and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s level licensed behavioral health clinician Required.
- Three (3) years of experience as a behavioral health clinician in a supervisory capacity.
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- Candidates must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS mandated criminal background check process.
- Remain current in all required trainings.
- May require evening and/or weekend shifts, according to program need.
- Additional consideration may be given to candidates who are Bilingual.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.