Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Job Developer will seek out and obtain employment opportunities for individuals in the Community Employment Program throughout Rockland and Westchester Counties in NY.
Job Developers develop relationships with local businesses to create job opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Developers will work with businesses to identify their unmet needs, and using a marketing approach, promote the benefits of hiring job seekers through our program to fill the unique needs of the business. By working collaboratively with hiring managers and business executives, Job Developers find creative and innovative ways to benefit both the business and the job seeker.
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS or equivalent job development, marketing or sales experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with businesses, staff, participants, & general public.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY or NJ State Driver’s License for 3+ years, ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all NYS Justice Center and OPWDD required trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS Justice Center and OPWDD mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand:Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.