Rockland County, NY
Salary: $90,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
Summary: To plan, direct and manage the organization in Behavioral Health Services in Rockland and Westchester counties including managing prevention, intervention, and treatment services addressing mental illness, and/or co-occurring conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Researches, develops and implements a broad range of recovery services and systems, for therapeutic clinical, care coordination and day services that integrate the agency’s overall philosophy and mission. Identifies service needs and trends and acts accordingly.
- Ensuring compliance to all program, state and federal regulations within the Behavioral Health Services Division. Designs and implements systems and guidelines as indicated; participates in or leads meetings to review divisional status. Prepares or over sees reports for the Director, Behavioral Health Services, Executive Management and/or Board of Directors. Develops in conjunction with organization, leadership strategic planning for the continued improvement and enhancement of mental health services that may be delivered to individuals with co-occurring developmental disabilities or substance abuse. Familiarity with OMH, OPWDD and DOH structure and regulations would be helpful.
- Develops, implements, and maintains divisional budgets including all revenue and expenses. Researches, develops and writes grants and applications as indicated or needed. Monitors and adjusts for variations in the budget.
- Performs a variety of management and leadership functions, including participating in hiring, orientation and training of new employees; provides training and retraining;carries out performance reviews, recommending salary increases, discipline,termination, and other supervisory activities related to the operation and smooth running of the division.
- Collaborates with other agency divisions in development of integrated programs.
- Represents the agency at various county, state and association meetings and conferences. Serves as liaison with the public, individuals, and families served by the agency. May serve as agency spokesperson on issues relating to program focus. Develops relationships with local, county and state officials as well as colleagues in the field.
- · Provides community outreach to educate other community programs about Jawonio Services.
- Designs, implements and maintains a variety of systems and guidelines to ensure and monitor compliance to all program regulations; designs and oversees enforcement of agency policy and procedures, conducting reviews and updating as required. Ensures that agency personnel are trained and able to carry out regulations, and program processes and that all treatment plans are in full compliance; participates in or leads meetings and conferences to review work of the division and to determine the meeting of established criteri
- Understanding of, and commitment to rehab and recovery principles
- Must be a licensed Psychologist, Phd, LCSW or LCSW-R plus minimum 5 years experience in a mental health or rehabilitative setting serving consumers with mental illness with supervisory oversight of program and budget.
- MBA or MPH with recognized scholastic performance in the mental health field is preferred.
- Strong leadership in the Mental Health Field and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Managed Care, and value-based payment
- Knowledge of applicable program standards and regulations
- Knowledge of policy development and implementation
- Proficiency in implementing and maintaining compliance standards
- Knowledge of practices concerning investigations
Frequent contact with internal & external employees of all levels, and other agencies serving the disabled at large; and other federally funded agencies;contact with consumers, advocates, stakeholders and (Board of Directors.)
Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs,including PowerPoint.
Travel to and from designated internal and external facilities. Alternate training sites and conferences, as defined by agency.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.