New City, NY
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
Purpose: The Care Manager will align his/her scope of work with Jawonio’s Mission, while incorporating Jawonio’s Core Values as the guiding principle for all work activities.
Summary: Provide supportive care management services to persons with behavioral health and medical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and assess appropriate participants for care management services to include but not limited to, medical, behavioral health, substance abuse-recovery services and social services striving to improve patient’s overall quality of life.
- Engages participant in care management services and related benefits both in the community, in-home and as needed, court setting.
- Serves as referral to and liaison with community resources and services.
- Serves as educator to patient on their illness, available services and adhering to service plan.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, service plan meetings and discharge meetings.
- Advocates for patient rights.
- On a rotating basis with Care Management Team, required to be on-call for crisis intervention 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Completes all mandated reporting requirements by Jawonio and all regulating agencies.
- With participant’s input, creates and maintains Individual Service Plans using person-centered approach.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation related to participant’s progress and goals to include but not limited to: Intake, Progress notes, Services Plans, Service Dollars, Hospitalization, Discharge and Follow-Up Care.
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely record on each individual served, including the facilitation of the necessary documents to be contained within. This includes maintaining current medical and psychiatric evaluations, as required by the program guidelines. Indicates special concerns, crisis intervention, discharge planning, assessments, and service planning.
- Ensure confidentiality of data contained in the Consumer records as outlined in Jawonio’s policy and procedure and HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides information for participants on vocational, benefits, housing, and employment resources and disseminate information to participants.
- Provide ongoing support as necessary, specific to needs of each individual participant and their support group.
- Provide recovery techniques and services in the areas of readiness determination, goals setting, functional and resources assessment; service planning, skill and resource development and discharge-planning.
- Network, market, and maintain positive relationships in the community in support of the program.
- Represents Jawonio in community based meetings and services.
- Develop relationships with potential providers and schedule visits to potential resource sites.
- Transports program participants as needed.
- Adjust and develop program according to different and distinct needs of caseload. This may include curriculum development and being flexible with scheduled days/hours.
- Proficient in use of computers with the ability to navigate multiple software applications, including electronic medical records, excel and word.
- Maintain safe orderly work environment and work area.
- Must cooperate and participate fully with Jawonio and/or Justice Center and all regulatory agencies during an investigation or inspection, including making verbal and written statements as requested by the person(s) doing the investigation.
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation, nursing or closely related filed or licensed health care professional and two (2) years of experience in care management : or in providing direct service to people with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities or alcoholism or substance use.
A master’s degree in one of the approved education fields may be substituted for one year of experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of families, co-workers and other community groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate agreements.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all Jawonio and NYS required trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS Justice Center mandated criminal background check process.
- May require evening and/or weekend shifts, according to program need.
- May support and assist group social, recreational and cultural trips.