New City, NY
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
SUMMER EDUCATION PROGRAM (SEP) 2019
Location: New City, NY 10956
Division: Clinic & Education – Summer Education Program (SEP) 2019
Status: Seasonal, 7/1/19 through 8/9/19 includes two days of Orientation 6/26 and 6/27 (9am – 4pm). Program closed on 7/4/19.
Hours: 8:45am – 3:45pm
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
Our Summer Education Program is a very special and exciting opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and talented team working with very extraordinary students. As a Lifeguard for the Summer Education Program your responsibilities are the following:
- Safeguards and regulates conduct of those in the pool area. Enforces pool policies, rules, and regulations. Rescues those in need and performs appropriate follow-up procedures, including the proper use of equipment in the performance of first aid.
- Test water quality in pool and maintains appropriate records. Assists in the proper maintenance and sanitary up keep of the pool, pool area, and locker rooms. Participates in the preparation of daily records. Provides written reports on all accidents. Maintains proper updated safety requirements.
- Performs work safely in accordance with departmental safety procedures. Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- May provide guidance to Pool Aide during shift. May assist in daily aquatic managerial duties. May maintain proper chemical balances in pool as directed making adjustments to these balances as directed. May handle mechanical/pump room or chemical problems as necessary.
Performs related work as required
Education/Experience: One year of experience in a similar position. Current Lifeguard and CPR/First Aid certification. Knowledge of water rescue methods. Knowledge of life guarding and first-aid practices and techniques. Knowledge of swimming pool operations to include: sanitation, maintenance, and safety. Ability and skill in carrying out water rescues. Prefer experience with developmentally disabled population.
- Must have own transportation for local errands. Valid driver’s license required.
- Remain current in all required trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the state mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
How to Apply:
Please sent Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
260 N. Little Tor Road
New City, NY 10956
Or by Fax to (845) 639-3530
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
For a full listing of all open positions at Jawonio, please visit us online at www.Jawonio.org/careers