Rockland County, NY
Salary: $16.00 /hour
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for monitoring the health of individuals/participants in the residencies. He/she will perform routine nursing care activities that support quality of care in accordance with the nursing care plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine nursing treatments such as preparing and applying simple dressings, administering medications and monitoring for adverse effects of various treatments.
- Administers appropriate first aid based on visible symptoms and the individual’s history in accordance with guidelines set forth by medical staff. Administers or assists with emergency care for individuals and staff including CPR and/or abdominal thrusts, etc.
- Assists with the preparation, implementation and continuing evaluation of the nursing care plan.
- Observes, records and reports participant progress. Documents all pertinent information in the individual’s medical file.
- Maintains an inventory of medical supplies and medications. Inspects medical equipment to ensure its safety and proper function. Orders replenishment of supplies as needed.
- Assists with monitoring individual’s dietary needs.
- May perform direct care tasks including transferring individuals, toileting and assisting in daily activities.
- Maintains and keeps all necessary medical records up to date, as mandated by New York State and its governing bodies, including but not limited to DOH, OPWDD, OCFS, OMH, etc.
- Regularly observes consumers’ behavior and performance. Provides reports, updates, and general observations to the Program Supervisor. May provide direct support to consumers when need is indicated or upon instructions from the Supervisor.
- Models appropriate work behavior and performance to consumers on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps nursing office clean, to ensure a healthy, clean environment for participants and staff. Ensures various supplies, equipment and other material used in training are in adequate supply, are stored correctly and in good order.
- Maintains orderly, safe working area and work practices.
- Remain current in all NYS Justice Center and OPWDD required trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS Justice Center and OPWDD mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand:Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.