New City, NY
EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICE COORDINATOR
(Case Worker or Social Worker)
Status: Part-Time, (flexible hours) Non-Exempt
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
As EI Coordinator you are responsible to facilitate and coordinate the provision of Rockland-based services in conjunction with the families of infants and young children with developmental disabilities and serious medical issues. Travels in own vehicle to local communities within Rockland with home office based out of our New City Main Campus location. Must be able to work autonomously and be highly organized to meet deadlines for Individualized Service Plan implementation. Spanish speaking a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Bachelor’s degree in Human Services Field plus one year experience.
- Experience with New York State Early Intervention System (NYEIS) software program a plus.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- Candidates must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS mandated criminal background check process.
- Remain current in all required trainings
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
For a full listing of all open positions at Jawonio, please visit us online at www.Jawonio.org/careers