New City, NY 10956
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
As a Senior Accountant you will perform accounting duties for the agency and related organization ( as needed). These activities will include posting to and maintenance of various books and records following prescribed and accepted accounting principles and procedures, as well as account analysis, reconciliations and special projects.
Purpose : The Staff Accountant will align his/her scope of work with Jawonio’s Mission, while incorporating Jawonio’s Core Values as the guiding principle for all work activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to.
- With CBO, Dir of Finance & Controller coordinates the distribution of monthly draft financial reports to programs for input & finalization.
- Monthly and year- end analysis of balance sheets accounts, both assets and liability as required, including preparation of proposed journal entries as necessary.
- Assures the proper recording of Accounts Receivable balances, revenue activity, payroll related accruals and allocations and other related transactions.
- Assures proper recording of debt service transactions.
- Track intercompany transaction among the managed corporations and ensure accounts are in balance, while keeping senior department members aware of the activity.
- With the Controller and Revenue Cycle Manager assist in verification of rates to as required for county, state filings.
- With the CBO & Dir of Finance participates in state & federal filings including but not limited to the annual NYS CFR IRS- Form 990, NYS CHAR500 etc.
- Assists as needed in analysis to determined that programs are maximizing reimbursement potential. Backup for CFR preparation.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets, annual audit, financial reporting and consolidated Fiscal report (CFR).
- Performs some internal audit function as required.
- Assist as needed with accounting records related to consumer accounts.
- Performs other accounting duties and function as assigned by the Controller, Director Finance and/or CBO.
- Prepare and maintenance necessary records for year- end close and external fiscal auditing purposes.
Qualifications: To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/ finance required.
- Three (3) year’s experience in healthcare accounting with involvement in a behavioral health care provider setting preferred.
Remain current in all the required training
Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS mandated criminal background check process.
Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medical Fraud & Abuse clearance process.