Rockland County, NY
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
Purpose: The DayHabilitation Supervisor will align his/her scope of work with Jawonio’sMission, while incorporating Jawonio’s Core Values as the guiding principle forall work activities.
Summary: Supervise the development, implementation, and scheduling of activities for theDay Habilitation program as assigned. May also oversee Prevocational Services. Ensure that consumers inthe Day Habilitation Services receive appropriate day services. Participate inconducting activities for these consumers. Supervise staff within the program.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise activities of Program Staff. Develop, implement and schedule program activities and staff assignments. Participate with consumers and staff in activities.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on any area of difficulty encountered with consumers. Train staff in appropriate intervention techniques and DSP Competencies. Carry out a broad range of supervisory leadership functions, including, but not limited to the following: managing staff performance; formally and informally reviewing staff performance, orienting new employees, and other activities.
- Develop and implement treatment plans/activities under the direction of the Associate/Program Director. Plan and implement a broad variety of activities related to habilitation goals and interest areas, including volunteer sites, community integration, self-advocacy, disability issues, and personal development.
- May coordinate transportation services with appropriate personnel and/or provide backup for this function.
- May serve as “Fire Marshall” for assigned sites, responsible for coordination of drills, evacuations, training and completion of documentation monthly.
- Formulate individualized service plans. Conduct consumer assessments. Complete assessment summary, progress notes, data collection, etc. Chair consumer case conferences; present treatment plan progress and goals for program.
- Review and certify individualized service plans and monthly reviews (notes) completed by Habilitation Instructors and Specialists for quality indicators and billing requirements.
- Monitor and assign DSPs for daily data collection responsibilities and check daily the entries for compliance/ completeness.
- Generate and review billing reports for the program 3 times a month, after the 10th, 20th and 30th submitting in a timely manner.
- Responsible to complete or assign the daily attendance calls each morning for individuals who are absent and did not call in as per OPWDD guidelines.
- Serve as lead in the reporting of incidents. Follow up with Quality Improvement and the Program Director.
- Work with consumer’s special needs during a variety of training activities designed to ensure consumer safety, to promote attainment of goals and to provide appropriate role models. Perform a variety of procedures as needed to fulfill each consumer’s individual plan.
- Assist other staff members taking consumers on and off vans, providing physical support, as needed.
- Ensure program area is clean and safe. Ensure various supplies, equipment and other materials are in good supply, are stored correctly and are in good repair.
- With Director, participate in meetings re program issues and/or projects of the agency.
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions. Provide new consumer orientation and conduct tours of program.
- Perform ADL/personal care activities for consumers, as well as behavioral interventions, as needed.
- Provide transportation services by driving agency van as needed.
Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
Master’sdegree or Bachelor’s degree in related field and five years’ experience leadingactivities, writing plans, and/or supervision of intellectually disabled or physically/multiply disabled consumers; Must qualify as a QualifiedIntellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) as per OPWDD. Supervisoryexperience preferred.