New City, NY
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Director of Social Enterprises and Business Development will administer, plan and direct the agency’s current Social Enterprises/corporate partnerships, operations of the Jawonio Governmental and Commercial Cleaning Services and NYSID sub-contracted operations. He or she will be responsible for new business development of governmental and commercial contracts as well as the development of new corporate partnerships. The Director will act as the agency’s representative in identifying and securing opportunities for program expansion while maintaining current contracts and partnerships. Additionally, he or she will develop training programs for new and potential employees in support of social business operations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience operating a business or engaged in business development activities including sales experience/skill.
- Knowledge and skills related to the New York State Preferred Source Program (NYSID) and/or development of bids/contracts etc. preferred.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- An appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Requires flexing regular schedule.
- Ability to be on-call for emergencies related to business operations.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY or NJ state driver’s license, ability to drive and a driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage required.
- Must pass Westchester County security clearance.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- Remain current in all agency required trainings.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and requirements
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
For a full listing of all open positions at Jawonio, please visit us online at www.Jawonio.org/careers