Stony Point, NY
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
Will work with adults with developmental disabilities living in community residences. Will assist with daily living skills, attending to personal care needs, helping to prepare meals, transporting and other activities. Direct Support Professionals also help implement & document individualized goals while ensuring a safe, supportive and nurturing environment. Candidates should be able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills. This a great position to grow in – we provide full training and certifications! We are now offering a sign on BONUS for Direct Support Professionals!!!!
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience working or volunteering with similar population.
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY or NJ State Driver’s License for 3+ years, ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all NYS Justice Center and OPWDD required trainings.
- Must be cleared and maintain acceptable record under the NYS Justice Center and OPWDD mandated criminal background check process.
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Medication Administration, First Aid and CPR certification or eligibility for certification.
Walk-Ins for Direct Support Professionals welcome!
Monday-Friday from 11a-3p (except Holidays)
- New City – 260 N. Little Tor Road New City, NY 10956
- New Hempstead – 775 N. Main Street New Hempstead, NY 10977
- Yonkers – 176 S. Broadway Yonkers, NY 10701
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand:Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.