Rockland County, NY
Purpose: The Quality Assurance Manager will align his/her scope of work with Jawonio’s Mission, while incorporating Jawonio’s Core Values as the guiding principle for all work activities.
Summary: Under the direction of the Corporate Compliance Officer, the Quality Assurance Manager will develop and implement quality assurance and effectiveness of the Corporate Compliance/Quality Assurance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, review, analyze and improve internal controls and monitoring systems.
- Design systems to ensure ongoing staff monitoring of compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provide support to Program Directors regarding service delivery and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate QI data from Agency audits and quality reviews; analyze data for patterns and trends; develop and implement action plans that address quality issues.
- Provide training and support to program staff to address quality needs
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Compliance Officer and staff to create policies and procedures to ensure consistent quality improvement.
- Keep current with all federal and state laws and regulations; perform follow-up evaluations of data and organizational performance.
- Conduct investigations in various divisions and departments.
- Provide technical assistance to program directors/managers as needed to ensure corrections.
- Assist in the delivery of agency wide mandatory training utilizing standardized modules.
- Chair policy and procedure committee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public health administration, human services, nursing, social welfare, or a related field, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in an organization that provides services to individuals with special needs
- Strong clinical, management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of applicable program standards and regulations
- Proficiency in implementing and maintaining compliance standards
- Knowledge of practices concerning investigations
Frequent contact with internal & external employees of all levels, and other agencies serving the disabled at large; other federally funded agencies; contact with consumers, advocates and stakeholders.
Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs, including PowerPoint.
Travel to and from designated internal and external facilities, and to alternate training sites and conferences, as defined by agency.
- Daily access to an automobile is required.
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Must be cleared/maintain acceptable record under NY state mandated criminal background check process
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process.
- On-going training/education as part of development related to position. Programs are regulated by OPWDD, OMH, OCFS, SED, DOH and NYS Justice Center.