Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Build a brighter future…For those with special needs AND for yourself!
Since 1947, Jawonio has advanced the independence, well-being and equality for people with disabilities and special needs. We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals and families whom we support and now we’re looking for a compassionate and caring person who wants to enrich their own life and the lives of others by working alongside a talented team of professionals in a working environment of personal accountability, mutual respect and most of all a true sense of teamwork.
The Cleaning Supervisor oversees cleaning work performed at various contracted cleaning sites. He/she also supervises and coordinates activities of employees (including employees with disabilities) in Jawonio’s Cleaning Company engaged in cleaning and maintaining various properties. The Cleaning Supervisor is also responsible for training employees on the use of cleaning equipment, such as buffers, burnishers, carpet extractors, etc.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years related experience, including equipment and chemical use/knowledge.
- Acceptable combination of experience/education considered
- A valid NY/NJ Driver’s License, ability to drive and a driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage required
- Remain current in all required trainings
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and requirements
- Must pass Westchester County security clearance
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Additional consideration may be given to candidates proficient with American Sign Language (ASL)
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Jawonio, Inc. does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, color, sex/gender, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation/preference, religion, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Jawonio, Inc. may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. Please advise us if you need assistance with the application and/or interview processes.
Please Understand: Jawonio is a great place to work. We receive hundreds of applicants annually and also appreciate your interest working for Jawonio, Inc. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.