New City, NY 10956
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
JOB SUMMARY: To serve as the agency’s headquarters receptionist.
- Answers main phone and transfers all incoming calls to person requested to the proper party depending on the nature of request, situation described, or other information.
- Maintains appropriate presentation for individuals and staff regarding receptionist functions. Ensures that lobby area and phone conduct is performed in a warm, inviting nature to ensure that visitors are comfortable in their interactions with the agency. Contacts appropriate staff if visitors in lobby are acting in an inappropriate fashion to try and keep the lobby area safe and secure for visitors. Maintains courteous and friendly demeanor in all situations to ensure that staff/Individuals/visitors are treated in a professional manner.
- Administers all health, safety and security protocols
- Maintains phone status (night vs. day mode), records agency mailbox messages, forwarding them to appropriate locations/people.
- Serves as a receptionist receiving visitors, consumers and families, vendors, and others directing them to proper offices or areas, answering questions and related activities to ensure proper courtesy, understanding and service is provided. Ensures that consumers and visitors in the lobby are transitioned to the appropriate staff person by checking back with the consumer, staff, or other agency personnel.
- Assists agency staff in a wide variety of situations, including verifying extensions, assisting staff in finding the correct extension or identifying alternative ways to reach staff in the event of an emergency.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks as required.
- Maintains safe, orderly work area and work practices.
- High School Diploma
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors and/or employees of organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).