If you’d like to support Jawonio’s mission and receive steady payments during your retirement years, a charitable gift annuity may be right for you.
How It Works
Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash, stocks or other assets to Jawonio. In return, you (and someone else, if you choose) receive a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life.
In addition to providing a gift to Jawonio and receiving fixed payments for life, you also receive the following benefits:
- Your initial gift is partially income tax–deductible.
- Your charitable gift annuity payments are partially income tax–free throughout your estimated life expectancy.
- Your payments are not affected by fluctuations in the economy.
- The gift annuity can be for one or two people, so your spouse or loved one can also receive payments for life.
- If you use appreciated stock to make a gift, you can usually eliminate capital gains tax on a portion of the gift and spread the rest of the gain over your life expectancy.
We provide care for over 10,000 people with special needs each year.
Jawonio is a registered 501c3 organization and the premier provider of lifespan services in the Hudson Valley of New York State for individuals with developmental disabilities, behavioral health challenges, and chronic medical conditions.
Jawonio is dedicated to advancing the independence, well-being, and equality of people with disabilities and special needs.