MENU OF SERVICES
Services include, but are not limited to the following
Living Skills Training
Benefits and Financial Management
Self Help Information and Education
Skill Development and Support
Intensive Relapse Prevention
Intensive Rehabilitation Goal Acquisition
Psychiatric and Health Assessment
Symptom Monitoring, Clinical Counseling
Readiness and Supports
Individual Family and Group Counseling
Tobacco, Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services
PROmiSe IS DIFFERENT
• A peer driven atmosphere
• A core belief that incorporates the “whole person” in achieving wellness.
• A measure of recovery and work towards attaining ones desired goals and life roles.
• It challenges providers like Jawonio to evaluate service outcomes as a way to continuously improve the program.
A “person centered” recovery oriented service that assists individuals diagnosed with a mental illness to work towards greater independence and improved quality of life in the areas of everyday living, learning, working, socializing through recovery. Our PROmiSe program (“Personalized Recovery Oriented Services”) is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health.
The inter-disciplinary team includes a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, psychiatric nurse, licensed clinical social workers and mental health counselors and employment specialists who provide a wide array of group and individual services in a supportive setting. As a Personalized Recovery Oriented Service (PROmiSe), a new model that aims to promote recovery from a psychiatric or emotional condition, Jawonio emphasizes identifying and achieving a participant’s most important goals. With careful planning, empowering consumers, and increased staff resources, the PROmiSe service is a more effective, creative model for a day program. Individuals can attend from 1 to 5 days per week to achieve specific life goals that the participant identifies. Emphasis is placed on achieving therapeutic goals while obtaining and employment.
If you or your loved one is over the age of 18, has a primary diagnosis of mental illness and would benefit from an intensive day program approach combining clinical, social and creative methods, we encourage you to seek more information from us.
PROmiSe… Personalized Recovery Oriented Services
- PROmiSe is a comprehensive, recovery-oriented program for individuals with serious mental health conditions.
- PROmiSe supports goals to improve functioning, increase employment, attain higher levels of education, and secure preferred housing.
- PROmiSe focuses on increasing rates of integrated, competitive employment among participants.
- PROmiSe integrates treatment, support and rehabilitation in a manner that facilitates recovery.
- PROmiSe requires that you and your staff truly believe that some measure of recovery is possible for each participant.
- PROmiSe is primarily a Medicaid reimbursed program, with State Aid and Medicare as additional funding sources.
PROmiSe Core Value
Recovery is a reality for individuals with serious mental health conditions and PROS offers support in attaining goals and desired life roles.
Case Management Services
Case management services are those services which will assist persons with serious mental illness to obtain needed medical, social, psychosocial, educational, financial, vocational and other services. Services are provided in adult homes and the community.
• Community Integration Supports
• Social Integration Skills
• Balance of Work/Life Issues This Saturday Program supports people who are addressing goals related to work advancement, as well as focusing on social skills and community integration including challenges of Autism and Asperger’s.
Kind, caring and courageous, Danny Klein was a snowboarder, musician, and beloved young man who also happened to have Asperger’s Disorder. Though his life ended too soon, “Danny’s Promise“ gives hope to individuals like him as they struggle and succeed.
It runs 10 AM - 2 PM each Saturday.
Participants are welcome to participate in all PROmiSe programs (Mon.-Fri. and Sat.) Transportation will be provided for the Saturday Program.
Jawonio TECH building
775 N. Main Street,
New Hempstead, NY 10977
Dr. Joseph Zweig, Director PROmiSe Program