If you’d like to support Jawonio’s mission and receive steady payments during your retirement years, a charitable gift annuity may be right for you.
How It Works
Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash, stocks or other assets to Jawonio. In return, you (and someone else, if you choose) receive a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life.
In addition to providing a gift to Jawonio and receiving fixed payments for life, you also receive the following benefits:
- Your initial gift is partially income tax–deductible.
- Your charitable gift annuity payments are partially income tax–free throughout your estimated life expectancy.
- Your payments are not affected by fluctuations in the economy.
- The gift annuity can be for one or two people, so your spouse or loved one can also receive payments for life.
- If you use appreciated stock to make a gift, you can usually eliminate capital gains tax on a portion of the gift and spread the rest of the gain over your life expectancy.